Python question

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Sat Mar 25 05:10:35 EDT 2017

Abdul Abdul <abdul.sw84 at gmail.com> writes:
> I hope you are doing fine. I have added a question on StackOverflow and
> thought you might have an idea on it. This is the question
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42991477/python-structuring-a-file-similar-to-another-pickled-file>

I do not want to go into the details of your concrete problem --
just give some general remarks about "pickle".

"pickle" is used for serialization/deserialization of (most) Python objects:
i.e. it can transform a Python object into a string (called a "pickle")
and (later) reconstruct the object from the pickle.

You should not be interested in the internal pickle structure --
keep at the Python level.

For your concrete problem: unpickle your pickle file to get
a Python object; construct a similar Python object with the new data;
pickle that Python object.