Who are the "spacists"?

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:16:14 EDT 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 16:42, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/21/2017 08:15 AM, Mikhail V wrote:
>> Didn't want to say this, but you know it was quite predictable from
>> the beginning that
>> the arguments will end up somewhere in "linux console is the center of the
>> universe, e-macs is mother of all apps and monospaced text is peak of
>> human evolution".
>
> Knowing that, the honest question is: if you knew where this would all
> end up (in a heated argument), why did post your provocation in the
> first place?

That was a metaphor, it was predictable that arguments
will touch some retro aspects, but it was quite unpredictable
that till now I did not see good arguments for spaces, and
I was interested of course to see some technical aspects.

So one of mentioned points for spaces which I can count as
more or less real argument, that many web forms keep
converting tabs to spaces, when I paste code into them
and when I copy back into the editor, I need again to
convert them. This is not a good argument against
tabs but this is at least a *real* issue. Unlike other,
(not so logical or yet not supported) arguments.

Does it sound reasonable?
Why I ask? Well obviously because I and probably
many people want to know why cannot one make
sort of styleguide based on pros and cons.

Mikhail