Who are the "spacists"?

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 17:27:59 EDT 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 17:41, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2017 11:04:58 Mikhail V wrote:
>
>> On 21 March 2017 at 15:49, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Well written code _is_ ASCII-art.
>>
>> Written code is ASCII-art only if you live in the Monospaced Kingdom,

> Whats wrong with Monospace (caps yours)? In case you've not heard the
> news, we (linux users, other platform unk, don't use them) have a font,
> called "hack" (announced several years ago) that is not only Monospaced
> but quite civilized to look at. I use it for editing any executable
> codes source language, and here in kmail too.

This was already discussed here what is wrong with monospaced,
but ok, since you question. Look, I know what is Hack font as
well a lot of other thing about fonts, since I work on fonts
and reading-related problems my whole life.
I'd just tell one thing since I am a bit tired: if you wish,
take an advice: avoid *any* monospaced fonts as plague if you are
reading a lot of information, this includes coding.
Avoid *any* sepia color schemes as plague.
Avoid *any* sans-serif font. Get the most close
to Garamond or Perpetua font.

For cases, where you *absolutely must* use monospaced
font, stick to Courier font (it is called "Courier 10 pitch" on Linux, if
you don't have it in the system, try to find it, it must be
in some true type font package).
As for editing executables I don't know what *exactly*
are you trying to do, what processes are involved,
so I can't advice much.
And don't worry if a zero does not look like a pusy,
but looks like a big O, this is irrelevant in most cases.

Now if you follow this, then probably in some time you
will say: thanks, good man Mikhail.