How to package my project and make it ready to be installed by using pip

Daiyue Weng daiyueweng at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:37:37 EDT 2017

I have been Python Packaging User Guide <https://packaging.python.org/>,
and I created a setup.py in my PyCharm project root,

from setuptools import setup, find_packages
from os import path

here = path.abspath(path.dirname(__file__))

packages = find_packages(exclude=['contrib', 'docs', 'tests*'])

setup(
    name='lumar_stackdriver_logging',

    description='A sample Python project',

    author='project_dev',
    author_email='pypa-dev at googlegroups.com',

    # Choose your license
    license='GNU GPL',

    # See https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers
    classifiers=[
        # How mature is this project? Common values are
        #   3 - Alpha
        #   4 - Beta
        #   5 - Production/Stable
        'Development Status :: 3 - Alpha',

        # Indicate who your project is intended for
        'Intended Audience :: Project Developers',
        'Topic :: System :: Logging',

        # Pick your license as you wish (should match "license" above)
        'License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License (GPL)',

        # Specify the Python versions you support here. In particular, ensure
        # that you indicate whether you support Python 2, Python 3 or both.
        # 'Programming Language :: Python :: 3',
        # 'Programming Language :: Python :: 3.2',
        # 'Programming Language :: Python :: 3.3',
        # 'Programming Language :: Python :: 3.4',
        'Programming Language :: Python :: 3.5',
    ],

    # What does your project relate to?
    keywords='sample setuptools development',

    # You can just specify the packages manually here if your project is
    # simple. Or you can use find_packages().
    packages=packages,
)

I uploaded/committed the project into a Git repo/BitBucket, what I
want is anyone who can access the repo, can deploy the project from
the repo to their machines using pip.

I am wondering how to achieve that?

Many thanks