Who are the "spacists"?

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Mar 18 20:39:43 EDT 2017

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:24 am, Mikhail V wrote:

> There can be some problems, say in one class a teacher says: never
> use tabs, in other class a teacher says: don't use spaces.
> Who is right?

Neither is right, both are wrong, and the students have just learned a
valuable lesson: authority figures can be mistaken, they can be ignorant,
and they can spread superstition.

> This is not a major problem, but technically seen using tabs
> is more logical way, but de-facto spaces are recommended.

Yes, I agree 100% with that.

> I've noticed a tendency that more and more users
> choose tabs.

Have you really? I've noticed the opposite.

> Indeed if you think about it, using several spaces for
> one level of indentation is ridiculous

Is it?

Is it also ridiculous to use several newlines to space paragraphs
vertically?

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.