Who are the "spacists"?

ROGER GRAYDON CHRISTMAN dvl at psu.edu
Sat Mar 18 17:44:05 EDT 2017

Just a couple minor notes from my experience:

1)
Some of the course management software I use doesn't like me typing tab
characters.
When I want to post sample code into a course page using this software, tabs
are either
ignored or does something really broken (like post an incomplete file).  So, I
must necessarily
type spaces when posting that code -- and of course, downloading that sample
from the page
has spaces in it instead of tabs.

Point in favor of using spaces.

2)
Tabs are one byte; spaces are one byte; so unless all of your indents are only
one space at a time,
a source file with tabs takes less memory than a source file with tabs.
It's not a significant difference.

Very minor point in favor of using tabs.

I'm still a spacer myself.