SimpleHTTPServer and CgiHTTPServer in practice

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Thu Mar 16 20:28:28 EDT 2017

Lutz Horn <lutz.horn at posteo.de> writes:
> We don't know *why* those people told you not to use these modules. We
> also don't know your use case. So it is very hard to advise you.

The use case is to have a very easily set up way to serve basic pages
and files, without a lot of configuration files and other
infrastructure.  The main reason not to use it would be security holes
if there are some.  I haven't examined the code carefully but didn't see
obvious issues at a quick glanace.  I frankly worry more about large C
programs than Python programs.