Dynamically replacing an objects __class__; is it safe?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Mar 16 10:21:53 EDT 2017

On 16/03/2017 14:03, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> On 2017-03-16 09:45 AM, Robin Becker wrote:
>> On 15/03/2017 13:53, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
>>> You probably can't make a whale fly just by changing the class to
>>> bird. It
>>> will need wings, and feathers, at the very least.
>>
>> the whale in the Hitchhiker's Guide found itself flying without feathers
>> or wings
>
> Falling is not the same as flying unless you accidentally miss the ground.

well in English an arrow flies as well as time, the whale was very interested in
the approaching ground and perhaps forgot to conjure up virtual wings or
rockets. In any case satellites miss the ground, but even their motion cannot be
classed as flying with wings so I think this discussion has become irrelevant.
--
Robin Becker