python and databases

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:19:00 EDT 2017

On 03/15/2017 08:45 AM, Xristos Xristoou wrote:
> first thx for response second i cant use additional packate because i
> build tool for other python program and that use standar python
> only,

I don't see how you can retrieve data from MS Access without a tool that
is not part of the standard Python distribution.

> sqlite is in standar python 2.7 @Irmen de Jong  ?

Yes.  Sqlite3 is built into Python 2.7.  However I don't see how it will
help you with an access database. You'd have to convert the data from MS
Access to sql and insert it into the sqlite database.

> can use quyries in CSV @ Irving Duran @Chris Angelico  ?

No. CSV is just a data interchange format.  It's not a database.
However you could export the entire table from MS Access to CSV and then
with a Python script create an SQLite table and insert records into it
from the CSV file that you load and parse with Python.