python and databases

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 14 17:55:40 EDT 2017

On 14-3-2017 20:59, Xristos Xristoou wrote:
> I have a database in  microsoft ACCESS with about 150 records.. if I want to get some
> data from this database using  a query in python and i want to store in some
> variables in python that will do this ? to avoid the 150 if ...: Using the standard
> library the python? know easily put it an SQL query but i canot use additional
> library python.

Is the data in the Access database static? 150 records is not much data. You might be
able to extract it ONCE, and store it directly in Python data structures instead. Or
extract it and store it in a sqlite database instead, which you can use from Python
using the standard library's sqlite3 module.

If the data is dynamic however because it is being changed by other sources, you'll have
to use a third party library to get to it I think....

Irmen