When will os.remove fail?

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Tue Mar 14 10:29:02 EDT 2017

"Frank Millman"  wrote in message news:oa8uaf$k9e$1 at blaine.gmane.org...

> On Fedora 22 (and for many previous versions) I have noticed that, if I
> log
in as 'root', it does prompt, but if I log in as an ordinary user, it does
not.

> If I type 'alias' at the console, it lists current aliases. 'root' shows
exactly what Jon quoted above. 'frank' shows no alias for 'rm'.

> I had a quick look to see what was setting it, but there is nothing in
/etc/profile or in /etc/bashrc. I don't know where else to check.

I should have looked a bit harder. It is in /root/.bashrc -

    alias rm='rm -i'
    alias cp='cp -i'
    alias mv='mv -i'

Frank