keyrings.cryptfile released on github

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Mar 13 19:33:34 EDT 2017

On Freitag, 10. März 2017 13:31:41 Paul Rubin wrote:
> Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> writes:
> > [1] http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/ocb/license.htm
>
> Oh that's interesting, he's expanded the free licenses.  Still though,
> while OCB is very clever and it was important as the first satisfactory
> AEAD mode, I don't think it's that important these days.  GCM is
> standardized, does similar things, and while it's potentially slower,
> some CPUs even have hardware support for it now.  If you library doesn't
> support GCM (I haven't checked yet) then it probably should.

It does support GCM now, it's even the new default(!).

I've added support for all AEAD modes, that PyCryptodome supports, and
supplied a small encryption mode conversion tool as well.

I plan to add authenticated service and username support via associated data
as well (that protects against tampering with these values). It might be a
good idea to record and secure the number of entries as well.

Cheers,
Pete