Exposing all methods of a class

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Mar 1 05:50:57 EST 2017

The class listing provided by the pydoc module browser, also in
help(someclass), do list all methods.  Try
 >>> import tkinter
 >>> help(tkinter.Text)
for instance.

On 2/28/2017 7:16 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:

> IDLE has a "class browser" feature (@GUI_XY = File->
> Class_Browser) that displays a GUI tree of the currently
> opened module, although, and unfortunately for you, the
> scope of detail ends at the physical borders of the module.

I'd like to rename that 'module browser after enhancing coverage of
functions a bit.

> However, by utilizing the introspection power of python
> (`import inspect`, for instance), you could probably
> implement something akin to "comprehensive introspection
> reform".

A real class browser, with the same info as in the help output, but more
interactive, would be interesting.

--
Terry Jan Reedy