Development testing without reinstalling egg constantly?

Rob Gaddi rgaddi at highlandtechnology.invalid
Thu Jun 29 12:40:29 EDT 2017

On 06/29/2017 08:32 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:

> This is somebody else's project I'm hacking on, and my understanding
> of setup tools is pretty much at the "cargo cult" level.

I have a sneaking suspicion that's everyone.  Setuptools (and distutils
before it) has no underlying rhyme or reason; just a collection of stuff
and if you do all the stuff then magic.  Eggs and wheels and twine make
me feel like I'm playing the world's worst Settlers of Catan knockoff
every time I try to make a project all pretty, and the XKCD 927 factor
is in full and glorious effect.