A Good Tutorial on Python Decorators

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Wed Jun 28 17:59:37 EDT 2017

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 01:56 am, Peter Pearson wrote:

> (Blushing) Thanks.  Life is getting difficult for us JavaScript paranoids.

Its not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

https://www.cnet.com/news/javascript-opens-doors-to-browser-based-attacks/

https://www.proofpoint.com/us/corporate-blog/post/adgholas-malvertising-campaign

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2604480/malicious-advertising-hits-amazon-youtube-and-yahoo-cisco-says.html

When you run Javascript in your browser, you allow anonymous, untrusted
third-parties to run code on your PC. And the Javascript sandbox is frankly not
enough to prevent them from being malicious, whether they are tracking and
spying on you, to outright drive-by exploits that install ransomware and other
malware.

The Internet is fundamentally broken and hostile, and we're addicted to it.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.