"Python launcher" required to run *.py scripts on Windows?

Ben S. bxstover at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 01:41:11 EDT 2017

As I observed v3.6.1 installs (on Windows 7) in addition to the core python engine a second program "Python Launcher".

As far as I read this component seems to be not necessary since it only aims to facilitate the handling with *.py scripts on Windows.

When I always call Python script from CommandPrompt like

D:\tools\Python\python.exe mypythonscript.py

then this Launcher should not be necessary.

Am I right?

Since I prefer to have as less prgrams installed as possible I consider to uninstall the Python Launcher.

Is this possible without causing trouble to Python executions?

Ben