matplotlib change?

Michael F. Stemper michael.stemper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 14:24:28 EDT 2017

On 2017-06-22 12:56, bill.janssen at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 10:14:21 AM UTC-7, Michael F. Stemper wrote:

>>> Id check to see which matplotlib versions you have rather than the Python version.  Either:-
>>
>> Okay, that was easy enough:

>>   >>> import matplotlib
>>   >>> matplotlib.__version__
>> '2.0.0'
>>   >>>

>> What's my next step?

> There were a number of changes to line-drawing in the bump from 1 to 2 -- I found that some of them were not listed in the change notes.  It's worth reviewing https://matplotlib.org/users/dflt_style_changes.html#plotting-functions.

That nailed it! This section:
<https://matplotlib.org/users/dflt_style_changes.html#plot-layout>
addressed my exact problem.

(Unfortunately, the parameters are not back-compatible, but at least
I'll be ready when they upgrade the box where I usually work.)

Thanks for your help.

BTW, your name is familiar. Were you ever at PARC?

--
Michael F. Stemper
This post contains greater than 95% post-consumer bytes by weight.