Progress on the Gilectomy

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Jun 19 10:10:31 EDT 2017

On 19/06/2017 01:20, Paul Rubin wrote:
> the existing C API quite seriously.  Reworking the C modules in the
> stdlib would be a large but not impossible undertaking.  The many
> external C modules out there would be more of an issue.

I have always found the management of reference counts to be one of the hardest
things about the C api.  I'm not sure exactly how C extensions would/should
interact with a GC python. There seem to be different approaches eg lua & go are
both GC languages but seem different in how C/GC memory should interact.
--
Robin Becker