sqlite in 2.7 on redhat 6

Kushal Kumaran kushal at locationd.net
Thu Jun 15 12:20:43 EDT 2017

Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> writes:

>>> I tried building and installing sqlite from source and that did not
>>> solve the problem.
>>
>> You misunderstood: the problem is not sqlite3 it's that python needs
>> sqlite3's header files.

>>> No I installed it with pip install python2.7
>>
>> I'd never have thought of trying that -- but still: did that download binary
>> blobs or did it invoke the C compiler?
>
> Sorry I mistyped - it wasn't pip it was yum.

Are you sure that is the python you are running?  The python provided by
the OS repositories would have installed python at /usr/bin/python
(possibly with additional names such as /usr/bin/python2.7).  The
exception you posted earlier is looking at files in /usr/local and
/opt/rh, neither of which would be searched by the system-installed
python by default.

It is possible (likely?) that /usr/local/bin is earlier in your $PATH
than /usr/bin, which is resulting in some /usr/local/bin/python
shadowing the system python.  If so, run the system python with an
absolute path like /usr/bin/python and see if you are able to import
sqlite3.

--
regards,
kushal