sqlite in 2.7 on redhat 6

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Thu Jun 15 10:35:49 EDT 2017

Larry Martell wrote:

>> On linux the system sqlite3 is used.
>
> I tried building and installing sqlite from source and that did not
> solve the problem.

You misunderstood: the problem is not sqlite3 it's that python needs
sqlite3's header files.

>> Is that a Python version that you compiled yourself?
>
> No I installed it with pip install python2.7

I'd never have thought of trying that -- but still: did that download binary
blobs or did it invoke the C compiler? If the latter, and pip isn't smart
enough to get the sqlite3 headers you need to install them by hand before
letting pip do its magic.