data structure

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Thu Jun 15 01:28:02 EDT 2017

"Andrew Zyman"  wrote in message
news:CAPrcKXKtozoNLaK8ASizoNkYPd9y_P25Fr2rKFkOZxOa4BCMgw at mail.gmail.com...

> Hello,
>  i wonder what would be a proper data structure for something with the
> following characteristics:
>
> id - number,
> obj[a..c] - objects of various classes
>
> the idea is to be able to update certain fields of these objects initially
> getting access to the record by ID
>
> something like this ( not working )
>
> ### code start
>
> class ClassA(object):
>     a = ''
>     b = ''
>     def __init__(self):
>         a= 'aa'
>         b= 'ab'
>
> class ClassB(object):
>     def __init__(self):
>         self.c = 'ba'
>         self.d = 'bb'
>
> def main():
>     obja = ClassA
>     objb = ClassB
>
>     sets = set(obja, objb)
>    contracts[1] = sets
>
>     print('Sets ', contracts)
>
> # with the logic like ( not working too)
>         if obja.a = 'aa':
>             contracts[1].obja.a = 'ABC'
>

>  if __name__ == '__main__':
>     main()
>

> ### code end

I don't really understand the question, but I would like to point out the
following -

  class ClassA(object):
     a = ''
     b = ''
     def __init__(self):
         a= 'aa'
         b= 'ab'

In your __init__() function, 'a' and 'b' are not bound to anything, so they
are simply local variables and will be garbage-collected when the function
has completed.

Therefore any instance of ClassA() will get its values of 'a' and 'b' from
the class definition - an empty string.

Frank Millman