New release of Scalpl (v0.2.4) ✨🍰✨

guillaume.paulet at giome.fr guillaume.paulet at giome.fr
Thu Jun 8 05:46:41 EDT 2017

Good morning evernyone !

I released a new version (0.2.4) of Scalpl yesterday evening which is
available on PyPI :)
https://github.com/ducdetronquito/scalpl
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/scalpl/

Scalpl is a lightweight wrapper that helps you to operate on nested
dictionaries through the built-in dict API, by using dot-separated
string keys.
It's not a drop-in replacement for your dictionnaries, just syntactic
sugar to avoid this['annoying']['kind']['of']['things'] and
prefer['a.different.approach'].
It aims to keep the power of the standard dict API while being lighter
and faster that Box or Addict.

This new release allows you to traverse nested list in your
dictionnaries:

```
     from scalpl import Cut
     data = {...}
     proxy = Cut(Data)
     proxy.update({'users[42][0].skills', 'Python'})
     # data['users'][42][0]['skills'] == 'Python
```

It also contains:
     * A pretty good refactoring of the code base.
     * Better exceptions
     * More tests

I also tried to improve the README, with a benchmark section and a FAQ.

I would really appreciate your feedbacks to improve this project !

Have a great day :)

✨🍰✨