Unhelpful error message

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 16:06:10 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 4:31 AM, Thomas Nyberg <tomuxiong at gmx.com> wrote:
> Does it make sense to open a bug report? I'm always a bit intimidated by
> contributing to python, but the following patch does seem to work
> (against a new clone of the master branch):

Your original post talked about 2.7; when you say "master branch", do
you mean that you tested this against 3.x?

I've opened a thread on python-ideas to talk about adding more info to
the exception object. Feel free to come along and join the discussion;
patches would ultimately want to be on the bug tracker (or, better
still, a GitHub pull request), but you'll also want to know whether
people even think this is a good idea, and the mailing list is great
for that