Download

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:19:34 EDT 2017

On 06/05/2017 09:16 AM, Maria Alonso-Martirena wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> You asked me to subscribe before writing to you and i've already done so. I
> need your help: I’ve just downloaded Python for Windows (versión 3.6.1.).
> However, when I try to open it, it just says “modify”, “repair” or
> “uninstall”.
>
> How can I solve this problem? Why is it not working correctly?

You appear to be running the installer again.  The installer program
only needs to be run once. After that, delete it.

It appears that Python is already installed and ready to go.  It's
probably installed to c:\python36.  To use it you need to write programs
in an editor of some kind and save them with a .py extensions. Then you
can run them by double clicking your py programs.

While you can use Windows' built-in notepad.exe, it's probably better to
use a programmer's editor.  For example, Notepad++ (google for it).  Or
use IDLE which should come with Python, and should be in your start menu.