openpyxl reads cell with format

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 10:46:18 EDT 2017

>if the cell is an Excel date, it IS stored as a numeric

As I said, the "shape" of the cell is similar to date. The content which is "4-Feb" is not a date. It is a string which I expect from cell.value to read it as "4-Feb" and nothing else.

Also, I said before that the file is downloaded from a website. That means, from a button on a web page, I chose "export as excel" to download the data. I am pretty sure that auto format feature of the excel is trying to convert it as a date.

So, I am looking for a way to ignore such auto formatting.

Regards,
Mahmood