Openpyxl cell format

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Mon Jun 5 05:41:16 EDT 2017

Mahmood Naderan via Python-list <python-list at python.org> writes:

> With openpyxl, it seems that when the content of a cell is something like
> "4-Feb", then it is read as "2016-02-04 00:00:00" that looks like a calendar
> conversion.
>
> How can I read the cell as text instead of such an automatic conversion?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is a "feature" of the spreadsheet
application you used to write the document, that assumed "4-Feb" to be
actually a timestamp, instead of a plain string. It would be otherwise hard to
explain why you get 2016 as the year...

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.