How to install Python package from source on Windows

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jun 1 03:58:45 EDT 2017

Deborah Swanson wrote:
> I got one suggestion that I could just copy the files to "the appropriate
> directories",

That was me, but I've just had a look at the source, and it
seems the core functionality is implemented in C, so scrub
that idea.

But all is not lost. I've found this:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/namedlist

    "Similar to namedtuple, but instances are mutable."

It's all pure Python -- I checked this time! -- so you
shouldn't have any trouble installing it. In fact it's
just a single source file, namedlist.py. Put that in
your site-packages folder and you should be good to go.

--
Greg