Question

Sonja Williams hola903 at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 17:11:52 EDT 2017

Good Day,

I have decided to learn more about programming so I picked up the book Beginning Programming by Matt Telles.  After following the directions verbatim and going to the Python site to download the latest version 3, which is what the book recommended, I keep getting the following error message when running my first script. I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit

" python is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file".

I am at the end of chapter 3 attempting to run the following script.

python ch3_1.py  which should return What is your name?

What am I doing wrong?

Sonja Williams