Issues with Python

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 30 12:54:21 EDT 2017

On 30/07/2017 23:31, Ode Idoko wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Python and though I have been able to download the 3.6 version on my laptop , I still have issues with the syntax. While writing a program to execute, it will display syntax error with different shades of color usually green or yellow.
> What can I do about this? How do I know the error and effect it? Can't it be programmed like we have in excel that will tell you error and prompt you if you wish to accept the right formula format?
> Please I need more information on this.
> Thanks.
> Ode
>
> Sent from my iPhone

You'll have to learn the language if you want to do anything meaningful with it.
Python isn't anything like excel formula's, it is a full general multipurpose
programming language.  If you make a mistake, it usually is almost impossible to deduce
what you meant to write instead. (because otherwise we wouldn't have to program our
computers anymore and instead let them figure out automatically what we wanted to do,
right? Just joking)

Because you are comparing it to excel formulas: are you sure you've chosen the right
tool for whatever the task is that you wanted to solve?
If so: may I suggest first working through the Python tutorial.
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html

Irmen