Basic python understanding

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 09:59:21 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-27, Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> I'd like to add that what you should really be looking for is not a
> Python programmer as such, but simply a good, competent programmer.
>
> Any decent programmer will be able to quickly pick up what they need
> to know about Python on the job.

In a matter of a week or two if they're at all competent.

Even if they don't know Python, if they know _variety_ of other
languages (scheme/lisp, Smalltalk, Java, C, FORTRAN, assembly) they'll
be able to pick up Python quickly.

If they have only ever used a single language, that may be a warning
sign.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The SAME WAVE keeps
                                  at               coming in and COLLAPSING