Basic python understanding

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Wed Jul 26 16:44:59 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-26 20:04, Stefan Ram wrote:
> monica.snow1 at gmail.com writes:
>>Hi  I am in need some understanding on how to become more
>>knowledgeable while interviewing a candidate that requires
>>Python
>
>    The only noun preceding "that" is "candidate". So, are you
>    using "that" to refer to the candidate?

The word "that" is being used here as a relative pronoun. It's not
wrong, although when referring to people it would be more common to use
the word "who".

(It's not strictly true that it's the _candidate_ who requires Python;
it's the _company_ that has the requirement for the candidate to know
Python.)

[snip]