Will my project be accepted in pypi?

Kryptxy kryptxy at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 26 14:06:42 EDT 2017

Hello,
I have built a command-line torrent fetching tool. The tool fetches torrents from thepiratebay proxy sites, and display results in console. Its written in python3, and is completely open-source.

Project link - https://github.com/kryptxy/torrench
(You may give it a try :p)

Question: (a) Can I publish such tool on pypi?
(b) Also, should I publish it on pypi?

I ask (b) as the packages I used from pypi (pip) were more like utility packages. They helped me in building my project. My project, on the other end is a full-fledged tool. So should I publish it on pypi?

I ask (a) because the tool scraps TPB proxies, which aren't legal per se. So if I package and publish this tool, will it be accepted?

If someone could assist me with this?
Thank you.

Regards,
Rijul Gulati