Python 3 removes name binding from outer scope

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 25 03:32:41 EDT 2017

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 00:01:11 -0700, Ethan Furman wrote:

> On 07/24/2017 11:47 PM, Rustom Mody wrote:
>
>> Interesting to see this adjacent to news that non-participation is
>> about to be criminalized double of [snip]
>
> Rustom, All,
>
> This is a Python mailing list.  Please keep the topics marginally
> on-topic.  Thanks.

Is this a new rule? :-P

This list has always (well, at least for a decade or more) been
relatively forgiving of off-topic posts. But we should at least label the
subject lines as off-topic, which I admit I forgot to do on my previous
post. Sorry.

--
“You are deluded if you think software engineers who can't write
operating systems or applications without security holes, can write