Where is python and idle?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:07:48 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Brian Case <brian at brianlcase.com> wrote:
> I am running windows 10 version 1703 as administrator on a Dell Inspiron 15
> laptop.
>
> I downloaded and installed python 3.6.2 from
> https://www.python.org/downloads/ for windows.
>
> https://www.programiz.com/python-programming  instructs me to open IDLE once
> that install completed.
>
> But I find NEITHER Python nor IDLE anywhere on my machine.
>
> I reran the install which gave me options for REPAIR. I ran it, which
> completed successfully and provided the python-list email address.
>
> I still cannot find an executable or a folder for anything beginning with
> Python.
>
> Where should I look besides folders C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files
> (x86)?

Apologies for what's probably a dumb question, but is it in your Start
menu? I don't know Win 10 very well - I used Windows plenty back in
the XP days, but now I'm all Linux, apart from a bit of testing and
VMs and stuff. Normally, after Python's installed, I'd go looking for
it in the Start menu, in a folder called "Python X.Y" (in your case,
"Python 3.6").

ChrisA