Grapheme clusters, a.k.a.real characters

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jul 16 14:23:45 EDT 2017

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> writes:
>
> > Do you have references for those claims?
>
> The Unicode Standard <URL:http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode10.0.0/>
> frequently uses “character” as the unit of semantic value that Unicode
> deals in. See the “Contents” table for many references.

I omitted to say (though it becomes clearer later in my message) that
these references are all in the Core Specification document of the
Unicode Standard, version 10.0.0.

--
 \          “There's a certain part of the contented majority who love |
  `\            anybody who is worth a billion dollars.” —John Kenneth |