Difference in behavior of GenericMeta between 3.6.0 and 3.6.1

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sun Jul 16 09:29:22 EDT 2017

Oren Ben-Kiki wrote:

> TL;DR: We need improved documentation of the way meta-classes behave for
> generic classes, and possibly reconsider the way "__setattr__" and
> "__getattribute__" behave for such classes.

The typing module is marked as "provisional", so you probably have to live
with the incompatibilities.

As to your other suggestions/questions, I'm not sure where the actual
discussion is taking place -- roughly since the migration to github python-
dev and bugs.python.org are no longer very useful for outsiders to learn
what's going on.

A random walk over the github site found

https://github.com/python/typing/issues/392

Maybe you can make sense of that?

Personally, I'm not familiar with the evolving type system and still
wondering whether I should neglect or reject...