poplib's POP3_SSL not downloading latest email

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jul 10 01:54:09 EDT 2017

Sm Chats <blahBlah at blah.org> writes:

> I have a small script which checks whether a mail sent by me to myself(i.e delivered to myself) has the same body as the sent message. The problem is that the sent message (sent by SMTP) isn't received by the POP3_SSL object I'm using.

This is likely not a problem with Python or its "poplib": they are
only itermediaries between your application and the pop server -- without
special logic that may hide some messages.

One thing you can check: "poplib" uses a connection to the pop server;
it is quite possible that this connection does not see new messages
arrived after the connection was opened. Thus, create a new POP
object to check for new messages.