What's with all of the Case Solution and Test Bank nonsense posts?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 19:55:49 EDT 2017

On 07/09/2017 05:39 PM, timetowalk11 at gmail.com wrote:
> I use https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.lang.python to look over message posts.
>
> What's with all of the Case Solution and Test Bank nonsense posts?
> Is is possible to have these posts filtered out?

I'm sure Google could filter them if it chose.  Behind the group,
though, is the Usenet newsgroup, which is unmoderated and decentralized,
and you can't filter there. That's why most people read Usenet with a
good news reader app that can apply filtering and kill rules for you.

And of course the mailing list side of things does filter out messages
and kills certain points.  Probably your cleanest experience will come
through the mailing list.  Use an email folder and a filter to place all
list serv emails in a folder and you'll get a good experience. You can
even do this with Gmail.  My gmail account has all my list serv messages
sorted out on the Gmail server into labels, and I have a special rule to
killfile messages from some sources.