About the implementation of del in Python 3

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri Jul 7 02:49:40 EDT 2017

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 03:38 am, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Notice that Scheme refers directory to conventional RAM:
>
> Variables and objects such as pairs, vectors, and strings implicitly
> denote locations

That implies that it is impossible to implement Scheme:

- using a programming language where variables and objects may move during their
lifetime;

- or using a computing device without conventional memory, e.g. implementing
Scheme using hydraulics, DNA computing, clockwork, or emulated in the human
brain.

I think that's pretty crap. It might be justifiable to define a language like C
to a specific hardware implementation, but higher-level languages like Scheme
should be more abstract.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.