command line micro wiki written in Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 31 18:39:21 EST 2017

Paul Wolf <paulwolf333 at gmail.com> writes:

> I've created a command line utility for managing text files. It's
> written in Python: […]

Thank you.

> The key aspects are
>
> * Entirely command-line driven
>
> * Text documents only with a slight preference for Markdown

The Python community has a stronger (?) preference for reStructuredText
format. Can that be the default?

That is, I want my text files to be named ‘foo’ (no suffix) or ‘foo.txt’
(because they're primarily text), and have the default be to parse them
as reStructuredText.

> I'd be interested in feedback if there is any interest in using this
> kind of utility. I'll expose a python API so bulk operations can be
> done easily on the command line or via scripts.

This is a great way to start!

--
 \       “Science shows that belief in God is not only obsolete. It is |
  `\                        also incoherent.” —Victor J. Stenger, 2001 |