Need reviews for my book on introductory python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:47:50 EST 2017

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 7:55:57 AM UTC+5:30, Sandeep Nagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few month ago I wrote a book on introductory python based on my experinces while teaching python to Bachelor students of engineering. It is now available in e-book and paperback format at Amazon.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/1520153686
>
> The book is written for beginners of python programming language and written in learn-by-doing manner. If some group members can review the same, it will be useful for myself to come up with an improved version.
>
> Other similar books of mine are based on Octave and Scilab with following links:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/152015111X (Scilab)
>
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/1520158106 (Octave)
>
> If you are interested in open source computing, please have a look.

Friendly advice: Write a blog instead of, or at least before writing a book
Sure there are disadvantages... which are IMHO minor/unrealistic:
eg YOur intended audience has no access to internet. About as unrealistic as
them not having access to electricity

Advantages
- Very low bar on entry
- Much finer granularity — one post vs one book
- Much tighter write→feedback→correct cycle: Minor corrections can be just
edited in/out. Major additions get a new post
- More current medium “Medium is the message (or massage)!”
- Saves trees

[Personal note: I started blogging on programming related topics a few years ago:
http://blog.languager.org/
Which crossed 50K hits a few months ago.
More gratifying, Ive received comments and thanks from people like Doug
McIllroy, co-creator of Unix]