Need reviews for my book on introductory python

mm0fmf none at invalid.com
Fri Jan 27 16:18:15 EST 2017

On 27/01/2017 20:17, bob gailer wrote:
> On 1/25/2017 9:25 PM, Sandeep Nagar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few month ago I wrote a book on introductory python based on my
>> experinces while teaching python to Bachelor students of engineering.
>> It is now available in e-book and paperback format at Amazon.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/1520153686
>>
>> The book is written for beginners of python programming language and
>> written in learn-by-doing manner. If some group members can review the
>> same, it will be useful for myself to come up with an improved version.
> Who is the publisher of this book?
>
> I just took a look at the pages that can be viewed on Amazon. Many
> reactions. it is hard for me to write this, as it seems it would sound
> harsh, judgemental, unappreciative. But you did ask for a review, and
> this is my honest reaction.
>
> I find it hard to read a book written by a non-native speaker of
> English. I an constantly having to overlook what to me are spelling,
> grammatical and vocabulary errors. I HIGHLY recommend you find an editor
> who can fix these errors.

Snap. I found it impossible to read and never got to the Python parts.
It is not written in English. Most of the pronouns and conjunctions are
missing. It looks like it has not been proof-read as words loose
capitalisation, many are mis-spelt and grammar rules regarding plural
cases and agreement are just ignored.