How coding in Python is bad for you

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Jan 24 00:00:30 EST 2017

On Tuesday 24 January 2017 15:41, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Remember: If you have only one clock, it might be right and it might
> be wrong, but it's consistent. If you have two clocks and they
> disagree, you have no clue what the time is.

During the golden age of sail, there was a saying, never go to sea with two
chronometers. Take one, or three, but never two.

Obviously the lesson here is that programming languages should have *three*
ways of setting out the structure:

    if condition:
        {
          BEGIN
            code goes here
          }
        END

> [1] Wonder how many of today's generation of programmers have actually
> heard a record skip...

Haven't you heard? Vinyl is making a comeback. Seriously.

--
Steven
it everywhere." - Jon Ronson