How coding in Python is bad for you

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:11:02 EST 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Adam M <amorawski at magna-power.com> wrote:
> On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:41:17 PM UTC-5, Jon Ribbens wrote:

>> > chocolate is a poison (lethal dose for a human approx 22lb)
>>
>> That's a meaningless statement. *Everything* is a poison
>> in sufficient quantities.
>
> I think you need to calibrate your sarcasm filter ;-). By the way coffee  is also dangerous - especially in 50lbs bags (when it hits you).

Or with sufficient velocity. The LD50 of lead is about 450mg/kg [1],
which means that a typical 70kg human could ingest about 31 grams of
lead and have a fifty-fifty chance of survival. But just a few grams
of lead at the speed of sound will probably kill you. [2]

ChrisA

[1] http://whs.rocklinusd.org/documents/Science/Lethal_Dose_Table.pdf
[2] https://xkcd.com/444/