PEP 393 vs UTF-8 Everywhere

Thomas Nyberg tomuxiong at gmx.com
Fri Jan 20 18:15:50 EST 2017

On 01/20/2017 03:06 PM, Chris Kaynor wrote:

> 	[...snip...]
>
> --
> Chris Kaynor

I was able to delete my response which was a wholly contained subset of
this one. :)

But I have one extra question. Is string indexing guaranteed to be
constant-time for python? I thought so, but I couldn't find it
documented anywhere. (Not that I think it practically matters, since it
couldn't really change if it weren't for all the reasons you mentioned.)
I found this which at details (if not explicitly "guarantees") the
complexity properties of other datatypes:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/TimeComplexity

Cheers,
Thomas