tokenize.untokenize adding line continuation characters

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 16 21:46:53 EST 2017

On Tuesday 17 January 2017 09:42, Rotwang wrote:

> Here's something odd I've found with the tokenize module:
[...]
> Copypasted from iPython:

It's not impossible that iPython is doing something funny with the tokenize
module. Before reporting it as a bug, I recommend that you confirm that it also
occurs in the standard Python interpreter and isn't iPython specific.

Just run your same code but directly from python, not the interactive iPython
console.

--
Steven
it everywhere." - Jon Ronson