Problem while building Python 3.6 from source.

Michael S michael.s011235 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:55:14 EST 2017

Thanks Thomas and ChrisA!

@Thomas: I don't know.. Unfortunately I am not as skilled as to be
able to find out..

@ChrisA: I tried your advice and think it worked. So, I just used $
./configure and then $ make. Then I was not sure, whether it had
worked so I used $ make test and got a fairly long result. At the end
there was a line like "test successful". Nevertheless not all of the
tests were successful.

So, now I got some questions:

1) Why did not all of the tests in $ make test succeed? But the end
line was "test successful". That confuses me.

2) This is more general. In order to get the build-dependencies I used
# apt-get build-dep python3.4. I also googled for the build
dependencies but did not find anything. So, how could I actually
figure out the build dependencies for Python3.6?