Can not run the Python software

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:01:21 EST 2017

On 01/13/2017 06:34 PM, Bernard via Python-list wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just downloaded Python 3.6.0 2016-12-23 and PyCharm. Tried to run the "Hello World" program and got the following message:
> "Process finished with exit code 1073741515 (0xC0000135)"
> I am using Windows 8.1 on an HP ENVY Touchsmart Notebook (64-bit OS, x64-based processor).
> Help Needed....

Unfortunately there's not a lot of information there to go on, which is
why you haven't got any replies yet.  What was the python program you
tried to run? How did you run it?  The error message you quote does not
appear to be a Python error message, so I'm not sure where it is coming
from.  It's possible the python interpreter itself crashed, which is
unusual, especially for a simple program.  Can you post the entire
python program you were trying to run?

Also can you try a simple program of your own such as this as a sanity
check?

print ("Hello, World.")