Choosing a Python IDE. what is your Pythonish recommendation? I do not know what to choose.

Nathan Ernst nathan.ernst at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:49:09 EST 2017

Have you looked into Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/)?
I've not used it extensively, and only on Windows, but it's an open source
IDE originated by MS that purportedly works on Windows, Linux & OS X.

It does have pretty decent Python support (haven't tried debugging, but
syntax highlighting works well).

There's also a really good vim extension available.

I tend to prefer vim (or vim extensions) when I can because even though I
probably know less than 10% of vim's capabilities, I'm more productive
using it. I also use the VsVim extension in full proper Visual Studio.

Regards,
Nate