Choosing a Python IDE. what is your Pythonish recommendation? I do not know what to choose.

Chris Clark chris.p.clark at ba.com
Thu Jan 5 13:12:14 EST 2017

I want an IDE that I can use at work and home, linux and dare I say windows.

Sublime, had to remove it from my work PC as it is not licensed.

Atom, loved it until it slowed down.

VIM, ok the best if you know vi inside out.

Any JAVA based IDE, just slows up on work PC's due to all the background stuff that corporates insist they run.

Why can not someone more clever than I fork DrPython and bring it up to date.

Its is fast, looks great and just does the job ?

Its wx, no idea if that is good or bad but it just works.